Thursday, November 7, 2013

WET N WILD COVERALL FOUNDATION & POWDER: REVIEW!!

Prepare yourself for another post in our Feeling Pretty series....

Today I am excited to review the BEST foundation and powder I have ever tried: the Wet n Wild COVERALL Cream Foundation and the Wet n Wild COVERALL Pressed Powder. Not only are they the best of the bunch I have used, but they are also the CHEAPEST! It does not get much better than that, does it?! :)



The Wet n Wild COVERALL Cream Foundation has the following claims printed plainly on the back of the product's packaging:
--All day wear
--Medium-to-full coverage
--Lightweight, satin-matte finish
--VisiBright complex reduces the appearance of wrinkles and rejuvenates skin

I can definitely say this product holds up all day with powder on top, but without powder it does start to fade a bit on my nose (because it is oily). With the matching powder, though, this really DOES last a FULL day for me (and often times, a full "makeup day" for me is about 15 hours, so the long-wearing element of this product is extremely impressive). 

I can also confirm that the coverage of the product is definitely medium-to-full. I want to say it is more medium coverage, but you can certainly build it up to more of a full coverage product. Sometimes I don't wear makeup all over my face, but want to conceal the dark, purple circles under my eyes. If I put on a "regular" amount (just one thin layer), then it helps but does not completely cover the circles. If I add a little more (one more thin layer), then it really covers the circles and brightens up my face. So, this product is great because it works as both a foundation and concealer--it is all about how much you apply, and how you apply it. You can even sheer this out (with moisturizer), and make it into a tinted moisturizer. The coverage is extremely versatile.

I would describe this as light-weight, and I would agree the finish is satin-matte. It looks pretty natural (assuming you blend well--as you always should!--I like to use the heat of my fingers to "melt" the product into my skin and keep it natural looking). It also feels comfortable on my skin, and I have not had any breakouts or anything from this. As long as your skin is not too sensitive and you make sure you wear a good moisturizer underneath your makeup and wash everything off at the end of the day, you should be safe to wear almost any foundation, in my opinion. This is no exception. 

I cannot vouch that their "VisiBright" formula really makes a difference with wrinkles, since I do not exactly have any wrinkles to test. But, I have no reason to think it does NOT work, and I trust Wet n Wild, so I will just give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that at least this doesn't make wrinkles worse. Sound good enough?



This is such a great product, and I definitely recommend it to makeup lovers on a budget! I picked this up from Smith's for just $3.

Now, let's talk about the Wet n Wild COVERALL Pressed Powder. This product has the following claims:
--All day wear
--Radiant, weightless finish
--VisiBright complex reduces the appearance of wrinkles and rejuvenates skin

This is great powder! It definitely lasts all day long for me (at least on top of the foundation...I never wear powder without something under it!).

It helps add a boost of coverage (this is definitely NOT a translucent powder, which is nice), so it adds to that "radiant" look we are all going for. I would also agree it is weightless. I can't really feel this on my skin.

Again, I don't know about the whole VisiBright thing, but I can say that if I swipe my finger in the powder and dab it under my eyes, it helps brighten up my eye area without settling into the little baby lines I have. 




I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an awesome powder. I got it at Smith's for just $2.

So, the bottom line is I am VERY impressed with both of these products, and we would love for you try them out and let us know what YOU think of them! Don't forget to leave us a comment with your opinion, and tell us about other Wet n Wild products you love!



Love, the Sisters of Hot Glue & Sparkle,
Kaitlyn, Breann, & Cami

P.S. If you like this post, then don't forget to check out our other posts, and leave us a comment! We love hearing readers' feedback! You can also follow Hot Glue & Sparkle on bloglovin' (click the blue + button on the top right), so you will be notified every time we post something new! Thanks for showing your support! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment