Thursday, October 24, 2013

ENHANCING NATURAL WAVES

Prepare yourself for another post in our Feeling Pretty series....

Wavy hair can be many things... Frizzy. Unevenly curled. Dry. Lackluster. Crazy... But one thing it's not is unmanageable. That means that if you take good care of your natural waves and use the right styling products, you can trade in the frizzy for smooth, the unevenly curled for more uniform waves, the dry for conditioned, the lackluster for shiny, and crazy for beautiful. Waves, when in the right conditions and with the right tools, can be shaped, controlled, and "beautified." 



 I have tried a bunch of products and techniques to help shape my waves and tame the frizz over the last few years. I have finally found the right techniques and products for my hair, and I want to share them with you other wavy-haired girls who might find this helpful...if you even care to know... I have actually had a few girls ask me over the last few months how I do it, so apparently someone must care, right?!

I use three products that increase the bounce, decrease the frizz, and don't leave a crunch! I imagine these would work great for most wavy-haired girls, but if something works better for you, then don't forget to tell us about it in the comment section below!! 



Okay, so I guess I'll just go ahead and tell you how I style my hair when I want to rock the natural waves (please note they are WAVES, not CURLS, so I don't know how these products/techniques work on someone who has curly ringlets, or someone who has no wave at all)...

The first thing I do is brush my hair, and then I dampen it (only a little--just enough to make my hair "shape-able") with a spray bottle of water. 


Then, I add the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Oil Treatment, which is super healthy for the hair! This helps add shine and reduce frizz, and makes my hair softer. It smells good, too. I love this stuff!





Then I scrunch it up with the Garnier Fructis Surfer Hair Power Putty. This leaves my hair a whole lot softer than gel, and even mousse. It's kind of amazing like that--and it smells good! This is probably the BEST product I've found for making my waves smooth, even, and bouncy without the stickiness. (Kaitlyn even likes this to help shape her straight hair.) When I scrunch my hair, I flip my head upside down because it helps give volume and makes the wave a little more even.





I finish off by spraying my hair with the Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel. If I spray too much, it can leave my hair a bit stiff, but not too much. It's fairly forgiving, and I can use it to scrunch up my hair more or just to set my style (like a hairspray), so it's very versatile, as well. It smells yummy, too! 





And that's how I style my wavy hair! We hope this helps, ladies! Don't forget to leave us a comment and tell us about your favorite hair products!

Love, the Sisters of Hot Glue & Sparkle,
Kaitlyn, Breann, & Cami

P.S. If you like this post, then don't forget to check out our other posts, and leave us a comment! We love hearing readers' feedback! You can also follow Hot Glue & Sparkle on bloglovin' (click the blue + button on the top right), so you will be notified every time we post something new! Thanks for showing your support! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment