Saturday, October 19, 2013

DIY ARMBAND PHONE CARRIER (MADE OUT OF A SOCK)!

Prepare yourself for another post in our Crafty Chaos series....

I was on the hunt for a good, affordable case to hold my phone when I work out. Unfortunately, I learned these kinds of cases tend to be pretty expensive, have mixed reviews, and can even damage your phone! So, I hopped on Google and found a DIY solution using a tube sock! I was so excited to try out this simple DIY phone carrier, so I ran to WalMart to buy a tube sock. And surprisingly enough, I could not find your traditional tube sock there. I ended up getting a knee-high sock at Dollar Tree for $1 and praying that would work just as well. And, it does! I have gone running with my phone in it six or seven times now, and I have never had any problems. It totally stays in place the whole time, every time! Later, I picked a few more socks at Walgreen's, because they had some super cute ones for $1, too.

You can fold your phone into the sock, and wear it on your upper arm, and have peace of mind!


Since I did things a bit differently than what I found online in my search, I thought I might share this little project with you! I hope you find it helpful! Here's how to make one...



Step 1: Find a tall sock--preferably a cute one, but I suppose an ugly one would work just as well. (Like I said, I read to use a tube sock, but my knee-high sock works perfectly.)



Step 2: Cut the toe (or foot) off the sock. (The tutorial I watched cut the whole foot off, but I wanted mine longer... I experimented by doing the whole foot with one sock, and just the toe with other. I'm happier with the "just toe" one because it is longer and gives me more flexibility.)



Step 3: Turn the sock inside-out.



Step 4: Pull the sock onto your arm, and then fold it in half (or maybe a little less than half) so you can see the pretty (or ugly) pattern. Then, just slide your phone into the fold!



Step 5: Fold the excess fabric above the phone over the top of the phone for extra security. (This is something I added, since I had extra length.)




Isn't that nifty?! You can find the sock solution on lots of different websites (I guess it is not that original of an idea), but you can see the video tutorial I mention here:
http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57403641-285/diy-a-dead-simple-workout-armband/

And that's a wrap! Let us know what you think of this DIY solution if you give it a try! 


Love, the Sisters of Hot Glue & Sparkle,
Kaitlyn, Breann, & Cami

P.S. If you like this post, then don't forget to check out our other posts, and leave us a comment! We love hearing readers' feedback! You can also follow Hot Glue & Sparkle on bloglovin' (click the blue + button on the top right), so you will be notified every time we post something new! Thanks for showing your support! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm going to try this and hope it works. thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect idea for when I walk the dogs at night. I love it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete