Friday, August 9, 2013

STORAGE TIP: ORGANIZING STUD EARRINGS!!

Prepare yourself for another post in our Crafty Chaos series....

I recently picked up this super cute jewelry box at Ross for just $6!! Although I loved how it looked, I was little disappointed when I tried to actually store my jewelry in it, because all my stud earrings would slide all over the place every time I opened a drawer. After a little trial and error, I found a cool way to stop the sliding and keep my earrings in place, and I can love this jewelry box even more!!



Basically, I cut down some canvas to the size of the drawers (the top two, where I want to store my studs). I didn't use anything super special to do this...I just grabbed a pair of scissors and started chopping away at a cheap canvas I got on sale at Hobby Lobby (you could also get canvas off a bolt in the fabric section). Then, I taped a small piece of ribbon to the back of each sheet of canvas, so I can grab the ribbon tab when I want to easily lift the canvas out of the drawer. And obviously, I stuck my cute studs into the different sheets of canvas! Now, my earrings stay exactly where I want them, and I don't have to search frantically for an earring's match! This is such a simple, effective tip--I just had to share it! :)



Another cool thing about this storage solution is that you can actually stack multiple sheets of canvas in one drawer if you want. Since the ribbon tabs make it easy to pop the canvas out to reveal the next layer, it is not an inconvenience at all. I don't have enough studs to need to do that yet, since I just have the two sheets (one for each of the two top drawers)... But if I ever get enough earrings to need more than the two canvas sheets, i will definitely start stacking! I tried stacking these, just to experiment and see if it was a good idea, and I was definitely impressed! It is a pretty nice space-saving trick!



This simple tip has saved me a lot of time and sanity! We all think it is pretty clever, and were excited to share it with you. I hope it helps you out, too! Let us know if you give this a try! We would love to hear about your experience in the comment section below! Thanks for reading, and have fun organizing!!

Love, the Sisters of Hot Glue & Sparkle,
Kaitlyn, Breann, & Cami

P.S. If you like this post, then don't forget to check out our other posts, and leave us a comment! We love hearing readers' feedback! You can also follow Hot Glue & Sparkle on bloglovin' (click the blue + button on the top right), so you will be notified every time we post something new! Thanks for showing your support! xoxo

Supplies:
Jewelry box with drawers--$6, Ross
Canvas--$5 (pack of two on sale, but you can also get it on a bolt in the fabric section), Hobby Lobby
Scissors--FREE, already have 'em 
Ribbon--FREE, already have scraps (but if you don't, ribbon can be found for under $3 at Hobby Lobby) 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete